You and your friends will have a GLOWING good time at this black light party. Glow in the dark party decorations, tableware and wearable accessories make this glow party a hit for any age! Here are some of our favorite ideas to get you started…
Glow Party Invitation Ideas
Get your celebration started right by sending great invitations. Here are some ideas for making your own unique party invitations, as well as some cards available for purchase that go nicely with the black light theme.
- Handmade Neon Invitations — Print your party information on astro bright paper and then mount it on black card stock for a bright look.
- Glow in the Dark Invitations — Use invisible glow in the dark paint pens and write your party information on black paper. Include a printed set of instructions for your guests to hold the invitation up to the light to activate the glow paint and then look at it in a dark room.
- Glow Stick Invitations — Print your party information on bright, decorative tags, and attach these with ribbon to some inexpensive glow sticks. Your guests can wear these to the event for a fun glow-in-the-dark accessory!
Here are a few things to consider when planning your party:
- Your event should be held in the evening so that you don’t have to work so hard to block out the light to facilitate the glowing effects of your celebration.
- Also, on your invitations be sure to ask your guests wear white as this will glow under black lights.
You can always find lots of great online party invitations with a free RSVP manager at Evite,
Here are two bright invitations we found that would work well at a black light party:
Fun Lights Invitations
Neon Swirls Invitations
Black Light Party Decorations
Here are some suggestions to help you decorate for a black light party:
- Change your regular light bulbs to black light bulbs. Purchase a black light set to create the right lighting effect.
- Hang black cloth or use rolls of plastic table cover over doorways and windows to block out light.
- Scatter glow in the dark stars around walls, ceilings, and tabletops.
- Purchase glow in the dark party tableware (plates, glow in the dark stadium cups, utensils, glow straws, and serving pieces.)
- Include things like glow in the dark balloons, balls, silly string, glow in the dark paint, and highlighters to create a festive atmosphere.
- Purchase glow in the dark wearables for your guests, such as glow jewelry, Flash Pop rings, glow stick necklaces, and hair color.
Here are some fun party supplies that would be great at a glow party:
Neon Party Plates
Neon Party Supplies
Glow in the Dark Balloons
Flashing LED Mugs
LED Cube Lights
Glow in the Dark Paint
Blacklight Party Activities
Keep your party hopping! Here are some great activities for a glow party.
- Decorate white t-shirts with glow in the dark paint. You can even use highlighter markers.
- Decorate a fabric tablecloth with glow in the dark paint pens. If you ask your friends to write you messages, this can become a fun souvenir for the evening!
- Write on the fabric draped walls with highlighters or glow paint.
- Give out glow hair accessories
- Paint your fingernails with glow in the dark nail polish.
- Dancing, Dancing, and more Dancing
- Glow Balloon Relay Pop – Divide guests in two or more teams. Each person races down to grab a glow balloon and then must pop it by sitting on it. They then run back and tag the next person in line. The team that pops all its balloons and has all its players back across the line first wins!
- Glow in the Dark Hot Potato Toss – Players stand in a circle and toss a glow in the dark ball to music; when it stops the person with the ball is out.
Blacklight Party Favors
Send your guests home with some glow in the dark accessories!
Serving Food at Your Party
- Serve your favorite foods on white trays that will glow under black light.
- Tonic glows in the dark! — The bitter flavoring of tonic water is due to the presence of quinine, which glows blue-white when placed under a black light.
- Glow in the dark cups and straws will make any beverage of choice look cool.
- There are a lot of everyday materials that fluoresce, or glow, when placed under a black light. Check them out here.
If you enjoyed these black light party ideas, you might also enjoy these parties:
For even more party theme inspirations, follow us on Pinterest!