Celebrate Cinco de Mayo by gathering your amigos for some great Mexican food and drinks. Here are a few easy and delicious Cinco de Mayo recipes for appetizers and margaritas with a twist!
Cheryl’s Awesome Guacamole
Of all the guacamole recipes I’ve tried, this one is definitely one of the best.
- 4 large avocados
- 2-1 cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 bunch of chopped cilantro
- ½ -1 finely chopped serrano or jalepeno pepper (depending on how hot you like it)
- 2 diced roma tomatoes
- the juice of 1½ limes
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- cotija cheese (to garnish)
Smash avocado with a fork, mix in other ingrediants, squeeze fresh lime juice liberally, salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle cheese on top to serve.
Fresh Tomato Salsa
- ½ of a small onion
- ¼ cup of cilantro leaves or parsley
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 pound of diced ripe tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
Finely chop one half of a small onion. Mince ¼ cup of cilantro leaves or parsley. In a mixing bowl, combine the onion, cilantro or parsley, 1 minced garlic clove, 1 pound of diced ripe tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Makes 2 ½cups.
Jose Cuervo Pomegranate Margaritas
(from the Jose Cuervo website)
- 1.5 oz Jose Cuervo Especial Gold Tequila
- 3 oz Jose Cuervo Lime Margarita Mix
- 2 oz Pomegranate Juice
- 1 Lime Wedge
- 1 tbsp. Coarse Salt or Sugar (optional)
Combine tequila, margarita mix, and pomegranate juice in a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice. Shake well and strain into a chilled Margarita glass. Rim glass with salt or sugar if desired. Garnish with lime wedge. **Tip: Use red sugar on the rim of your glass for an extra festive Margarita.
For more great Cinco de Mayo party ideas, be sure to visit the fiesta page on our website, Creative Party Themes.
Just add friends and you’re ready to fiesta!