Lots of thought, time and effort goes into planning the perfect corporate event. Here are some suggestions for different corporate party themes, as well as a list of ideas to help you plan a fun and successful party.
Tips for Planning a Corporate Party
1. Decide on a Location — Where do you hope to hold your event? When deciding, it is important to consider how many people will be attending. Also, if guests will be coming from out of town, you might think about choosing a venue that is easily accessible from the airport. Once you have narrowed down your options, be sure to check on availability for your date and be sure to secure a reservation to hold your spot.
2. Choose a Theme — What type of corporate party to you hope to host? How formal do you want your event to be? Consider the time of year. Summer is great for outdoor picnics; holiday parties are very popular in the winter. There are endless ideas for corporate party themes. Choose something that fits the personality of your company. We’ll help give you some inspiration!
3. Set Your Budget and Make a Checklist — Before you start planning, know what your budget allocations are. Then make a checklist of your most important party needs, such as venue costs, decorations, entertainment, giveaways, food and beverages.
4. Hire Some Help — If you are hosting a large event, enlisting the help of professional party planners, vendors and caterers can be an important step toward ensuring your event’s success. Be sure to get a few comparable bids and to go with reputable companies.
5. Think Outside the Box! — A corporate party doesn’t have to mean champagne and speeches. Don’t be afraid to try something new and different. There are endless possibilities for corporate party themes available with a little creative planning. If you are unsure how your theme will go over, an informal company survey offering two or three choices can often help you decide what type of event your fellow employees will enjoy the most.
Corporate Party Themes
Here’s a list of some popular corporate party themes. If a party has an icon, click on the link to find out more about it.
Adventure Party — Is your staff full of adventure seekers? An adventure party that features corporate team building games and activities might be just the thing! Set up a rock wall and a zip line, or hire guides to take groups fishing or river rafting. Adventure challenges can be excellent team building experiences. Another way to spice up an adventure event is by using an Amazing Race or a Survivor party theme.
Arabian Nights Party — Drape fabric from the ceiling and scatter pillows on the floor to look like a Moroccan tent. Set up a “magic carpet” dance area. Serve middle eastern foods that can be eaten with your hands. For activities, you might set up a henna art hand painting station, or hire a fortune teller to predict people’s futures.
Casino Night — Black jack, roulette, poker and more. A casino theme can be fun and exciting and is a great way to get a large group mingling. There are many services available that will come and create a full casino set up for your event. Don’t forget to invite Lady Luck!
Christmas Office Party Ideas —
Want to host a festive office holiday party? Here are our favorite Christmas office party ideas to help you pick a theme, decorate, and plan some activities for a fabulous event.
Company Picnic — If your party is in the summer, reserving a local park or farm for a company picnic can be a fabulous idea. Consider hiring a band and setting up some family friendly activities such as volleyball or a rented bounce house. Hire a caterer to cook up some barbecue and corn on the cob, and let your top executives serve ice cream and toppings to the gang at a make your own sundae bar!
Decades Parties — Host a party that’s a blast from the past! Whether it’s a 1920s Theme Party, a 50s Sock Hop, a 70s Disco Party, or a Rockin’ 80s party, choosing an era as the theme for your corporate event can offer lots of great inspiration.
Golf Party — Host a corporate scramble, a horse race, a big tournament, or just set up a mini golf course. End the day with some cocktails and an awards dinner to celebrate the highs and lows of the day.
Hollywood Party — Want to host an evening full of glitz and glitter? A Hollywood theme can set the stage for a very glamorous event. Roll out the red carpet, decorate with lots of sparkle, and hire a photographer to act as your own personal paparazzi.
Luau Party — This is a great theme idea when you want a fun and laid back atmosphere. Greet all your guests with flower leis, hire some hula dancers to perform and give lessons, light the tiki torches, set up a band to play some summertime or Hawaiian music, and if you want to go all out, have a pig roast for dinner.
Minute to Win It Party —
This popular game show makes for a great corporate party theme. Divide your group into teams and have them compete in 60-second challenges like the ones on the show. Some examples might include “junk in the trunk” where ping pong balls are contained in a box with a small opening, and then attached to the contestant’s back. The contestant must get all of the balls out of the box without his or her hands touching the floor. Another fun game is “the chocolate unicorn” where contestants have to try to stack seven ding dongs on their forehead. There are lots of fun options to choose from!
Nautical Theme Party — Set sail for a unique corporate event by hiring a boat to be the setting for your party. Cocktails, dinner, and dancing under the stars could be some special highlights of an onboard nautical themed soiree.
Outdoor Movie Party — Want a great idea for a lot of guests? Rent a huge outdoor movie screen, set up a barbecue and a concession stand, and let your guests spread their blankets and enjoy an evening of classic movies under the stars.
A Western Hoe Down — An all-American country themed party with barbecue, fiddles, and a huge sundae bar can be a great summer corporate event. Hire a square dance caller to get everyone up and mingling. Rent a mechanical bull for the adventure seekers, and set up some games such as horseshoes, volleyball, and tug of war for a celebration with a hometown feel.
Winter Wonderland Theme Party — Host a holiday party with sparkle by using a winter wonderland theme. Blue, white and silver can be great color accents for this event. A beautiful ice sculpture can make a stunning centerpiece. Hire a band and have everyone come dressed for an evening of holiday revelry. Want a holiday theme on the lighter side? Consider making a white elephant gift exchange part of the evening’s entertainment.
Hope you found some fun corporate party themes that can help provide some inspiration when planning your next corporate event. For even more ideas, take a look at our Adult Party Themes page. Enjoy the party!