Love the magic of St. Patrick’s Day? Try these fun and easy recipes for Magical Shamrock Potion and Rainbow Toast.
From the time our girls were very tiny, our family has always enjoyed creating a wee bit o’ magic on St. Patrick’s Day. Whether we have made leprechaun catchers, hunted for gold coins, or turned our milk and eggs green, we always try to do a little something special to celebrate our Irish roots on St. Patrick’s Day. Here are two great recipes that the kids originally brought home from their pre-school classes. They are tried and true St. Paddy’s Day favorites for kids of any age!
Magical Shamrock Potion
You will need:
- Frozen lemonade concentrate
- Lime sherbet
- Lime flavored seltzer water
- Lucky Charms cereal (for those adorable little magic marshmallows)
- Colored sprinkles
- Glass or clear plastic cups
- Add a heaping teaspoon of lemonade concentrate to your cup.
- Add a full scoop of lime sherbet.
- Add the lime seltzer water and stir.
- Top with the marshmallows and sprinkles.
- Drink up for some St. Paddy’s Day luck!
You will need:
- 5-6 plastic cups
- 5-6 different colors of food dye
- A sanitized paintbrush
- Fill each cup with about 1/4 cup of milk.
- Add enough food coloring (one color per cup) to each cup to get your desired level of each color.
- Place bread on a plate and use a clean paintbrush to create a colorful pattern of milk dye on your bread (try not to oversaturate the bread).
- Toast bread in a toaster or on a cookie sheet in the oven.
- You might add some cinnamon or sugar sprinkles to your bread once it is toasted for an extra sweet treat!
Have an amazing St. Patrick’s Day!
For more fun St. Patrick’s Day ideas, be sure to take a look at our sister site, Creative-Party-Themes.com