It’s a Par-Tee!
Whether you are planning a party for little ones, teens or adults, we have all the golf party ideas to make your event a hole in one!
Golf Themed Invitations
Sending great invitations by mail can make your guests feel special before the event even starts. You can either make your own invitations or send pre-made cards. Here are some ideas for both options:
GOLF COURSE INVITES – Make invitations out of green cardstock to look like a putting green. Decorate with golf stickers to look like the hole, flag, and ball. Put all the party details on the back.
SCORECARD INVITES – Pick-up some scorecards from your local golf course. Use golf terminology like “Tee Time” (for the time of the party), “Course” (address of party), “Course Length” (end of party time), “Water Hazards” (if there is an opportunity for swimming), and “Event Sponsor” (for RSVP details) to announce your party.
Here are a few golf party ideas for your invitation wording:
- “Just Fore Fun”
- “Happy Birdie to You”
- “You’re Invited to a Tee-rific Par-Tee”
We found some great golf themed invitations available from Tiny Prints:
Golf Day Invitations
Mini Golf Invitations
Putting Green Invitations
Ways to Organize Your Golf Theme Party
There are lots of different options for setting up a golfing party. Here are some golf party ideas to help give you inspiration when planning your event.
- Hold your party at a golf course or country club
- Go to a local driving range and purchase an hour of instruction for your guests
- Host your celebration at a local miniature putt putt golf course
- Organize your own golf tournament — There are many formats you can choose from, such as match play, scramble, best ball, horse race, and alternate shot, to name a few. The format will also differ if you organize a team golf tournament or singles golf tournament.
- Set up your own backyard putt-putt course — We found great instructions at Family Fun and Boy’s Life.
- Play Some Golf Trivia — Click here to find some golf trivia questions.
We’ve created these free water bottle labels for you to download and use for a great personal touch at your next golf party or outing. Just click on the picture to print!
Green and white combine for a classic color scheme at a golf themed party. Here are some more golf party ideas to help make your event look great:
Use a strip of grass matting as a table runner on each table. Decorate this with golf tees and balls to resemble a golfing green.
Set up golf flags to mark different areas of the party. You might stick one in a cooler full of beverages, one near a serving table, or use numbered flags to mark your tables.
Set up a funny photo opportunity area where your guests can become instant golf pros by using a pro golfer photo stand in.
Use old golf clubs, bags, trophies, and hats as decorative props throughout your party area.
Here are some supplies we found that can help make your decorating a snap:
Golf Theme Party Supplies
Golf Player Stand In
Personalized Party Banner
Fun Golf Party Costumes
A fun idea for your golf party is to have your guests come in costume. Host a costume contest and give out prizes such as a golf towel or a new sleeve of golf balls to the person that has the best golf sweater, the funkiest socks, or the loudest plaid shorts!
Golf Party Ideas for Food and Drinks
Make these cute cupcakes by decorating your favorite cupcake with green frosting, graham cracker crumb sand traps, tooth pick flags, and Wilton pearlized sprinkles for the golf balls.
Other Food Ideas:
- “Club” Sandwiches
- Peanut “Putter” and Jelly Sandwiches
- Water bottles labeled “Water Hazard”
- Powdered Sugar Donut Holes
- Iced “Tee”
Send your guests home with a special memento of the day. Here are some great golf themed favors available for purchase through Amazon.com.
If you enjoyed these golf party ideas, you might also enjoy these parties: