Looking for a fun and fabulous Kentucky Derby party craft? Make some gorgeous paper bag hats!
This Saturday, May 7th, is the running of the 2011 Kentucky Derby. If you’re gathering with friends to watch the race, have the ladies dress the part by making these colorful paper bag hats. Here’s how…
Directions for making Kentucky Derby Party hats:
- Paper bags (standard grocery size or slightly smaller)
- Glue (hot glue guns work the best)
- Ribbon and lace
- Tissue paper
- Pipe Cleaners
- Pom poms
- Tempera paint or markers
- Any other crafting materials you think would be fun!
- Crumble the bag so it doesn’t look too stiff.
- Roll the bottom edges up to make a brim for your hat.
- Push in the bottom corners of the bag to make a rounded top.
- Use your creativity to decorate your paper bag hat!
For more fun Kentucky Derby party ideas, visit our sister website, Creative Party Themes!