We love to celebrate special events, and that’s why we’ve created this website–to share with you all of our favorite ideas for a range of great party themes and to help make planning a kids birthday a snap!
Here is a list of kids birthday party themes that we love. Be sure to check back with us regularly for our newest themes and ideas.
Are you looking for a few tips to help ensure your big day runs smoothly? Here is list of kids birthday party ideas that will help guarantee your event is a success!
Tips for Hosting a Successful Kids Birthday Party
BEFORE THE PARTY
1. When you start planning, ask for your child’s input. There are many kids birthday party themes out there, and your child will have fun choosing just the right one. Similarly, give them some input on the guest list: the number of guests they want to have might determine the kind of event you throw.
2. Send out your birthday invitations two weeks ahead of your event. This gives your guests enough time to arrange their schedules, buy a gift, and RSVP.
3. Plan all of your crafts, games, and activities at least one week ahead of the event. This way you can organize all of your supplies and think through the big day in your head.
4. Order your cake at least 5 days in advance. Some bakeries need this lead time to get things ready.
5. On the morning of the celebration, put up your decorations, fill any balloons, set up your activities and crafts, pick up the cake, and prepare any food that needs to be made.
DURING THE PARTY
1. As the guests arrive, have out one or two activities that they can do independently until everyone shows up. This is a good time for crafts, and any dress up activities from which you would like to get pictures.
2. Play upbeat mood music to set the tone for your event.
3. Warm up the kids with any games that can be played independently or at stations.
4. Rev up the excitement with games for the whole group.
5. Take a break with food and cake!
6. If time allows, play another group game to get everyone back together.
7. Finish up with gift time and the handing out of goody bags.
8. Parties following this outline generally last between two and three hours, depending on age and how many things you want to fit in.
9. Follow up your birthday celebration with thank you notes and any pictures you may have taken of your guests. These make cherished keepsakes.
We hope you’ve found lots of helpful ideas on our kids birthday party themes page. Be sure to check back often for our latest posts. Have fun!
Want More Ideas?
Here are some other great sites that can help you plan a kids birthday party!
- Birthday Party Ideas 4 Kids – Birthday themes, party games and fun ideas! Sleepover guide, free scavenger hunt lists, truth or dare questions, birthday activities and more!
- Easy Party Ideas and Games — A great site offering fun cake designs and birthday cake ideas, along with easy party ideas for fun games, themes, decorations and more!
- Pink-Heaven-Party-Ideas.com — Are you stuck for an idea for a special little girl? Check out Pink Heaven for a great selection of girls’ party ideas with a magical sparkle!