o you love the game show Minute to Win It? Want to throw a Minute to Win It party for your friends? Fast-paced and innovative, Minute to Win it is a perfect game show party theme for school-aged kids, teens, college students, and adults. Here are some of our favorite ideas to help get you started…
How MINUTE to WIN IT Works
MINUTE to WIN IT is a television game show. The show features everyday Americans competing in 60-second challenges with household objects for a shot at a million dollars. But as the money increases, so does the level of difficulty. After winning some money, will contestants stay and play, or take the cash and dash?
Preparing for a MINUTE to WIN IT Party
Plan which games you’d like to play and gather those supplies. Here is a partial list of some of the challenges. REMEMBER — CONTESTANTS HAVE ONE MINUTE TO COMPLETE EACH TASK.
- CHOCOLATE UNICORN — Stack 7 Ding Dongs on the forehead.
- TORTILLA HEAD — Use swim flippers to pick up a tortilla from the floor and flip it up onto a plate balanced on the head.
- STICKER PICKER UPPER — With one hand holding an upside-down pizza tray, a contestant rolls an egg onto it to collect four small upside-down stickers.
- DENTAL CAP — Wearing a baseball cap, a contestant picks up a toothbrush from a toothbrush holder by hooking the bristles on the cap’s brim, and then transports it to another toothbrush holder.
- SPARE ME — Put marbles into one end of a pool noodle, then roll them out the other end to knock over three standing sticks of sidewalk chalk.
- EGG TOWER — A contestant alternately stacks 4 paper towel rolls and 4 eggs into one freestanding tower.
- PING TAC TOE — Contestants get ping pong balls of two different colors, and must bounce the balls into drinking glasses to complete a Tic Tac Toe sequence.
- HANKY PANKY — Contestants must use one hand to pull tissues from a full box, one at a time, until all of the tissues are out.
- EGG ROLL — Contestants must roll three eggs across the floor using a pizza box to fan them.
- JUNK IN THE TRUNK — Ping pong balls are contained in a box with a small opening, and then attached to the contestant’s back. The contestant must get all of the balls out of the box without his or her hands touching the floor.
- THE BOBBLEHEAD — The contestant gets a pedometer strapped to his or her head and must rack up 150 “steps” by nodding furiously.
- MEGA BUBBLE — This game requires contestants to blow a bubble using a bubble wand, and then blow it 15 feet into the air, directing it through a hoop.
*These are just a few of the many choices available. For more game inspirations, go to the NBC Minute to Win It website.
MINUTE to WIN IT Party Invitations
- Send the list of game show party challenges that you will be doing so your guests can practice ahead of time.
- One idea for a Minute to Win It invitation is to use some clip art of a stop watch and make the invitations with all the party details on your computer.
- You could also send your invitations them via email using evite.com.
Helpful Minute to Win It Party Tips
1. Make a chart on poster board with the names of your guests listed vertically. You can organize it by teams (couples, or men vs. women, or individually). Across the top list the challenges that you will be doing. This is where you can record the times and keep track of winners of each event.
2. If contestants complete the task in under a minute you can give them 100 points. On the show contestants are given two chances at each task. For school age children you may want to extend the time. You can totally adjust the point system and give points to teams/individuals that complete the task in over a minute but have the best time.
3. To keep things moving you can have two contestants go at the same time and/or set up stations around your house where several different games can be played at the same time.
MINUTE to WIN IT Party Menu
For the Minute to Win It party theme, it works best to have food set out buffet style so your guests can help themselves throughout the party. Finger foods would be a good choice.
Your beverages could be served the same way. Depending on the age of your guests, set up an alcohol-free station with bottled water, and sodas. Have cups and a permanent marker for guests to write their names on their cups in order to keep track of them during the party. Another station can be set up with your favorite alcoholic beverages.
MINUTE to WIN IT Game Show Party Favors
Don’t have a million dollars to give away to your party guests? Well, here are some game show prizes to help make you Minute to Win It party even cooler!
Minute to Win It Game
Minute to Win It Card Game
If you enjoyed these Minute to Win It party ideas, you might also enjoy these parties:
Amazing Race Party