No plans to head out of town for spring vacation? No worries! We have some fun staycation ideas to keep your kids busy.
Parties…They’re not just for birthdays.
- Luau-Turn up the heat and invite your friends over for some fun in the tropics. Find all your luau party ideas and activities here
- Camping-Don’t want to camp out in the cold and wet weather? Set up your own campsite indoors. Make s’mores in the microwave and grab some flashlights to make shadow puppets. Everything you’ll need is right here
- Science – Put a little education into your vacation by having a group of friends over to conduct some science experiments. Here are all your ideas.
Get Crafty…Make Gifts
- Take advantage of the down time you have at home this week.
- Why not work on that end of the school year teacher gift?
- Mothers’ Day will sneak up on you too. Head to your local craft store for supplies. You will be so happy to have this task crossed off your list.
Hands On Gardening
- Take your kids to the garden store and buy some vegetable and flower seeds to sow in starter kits in the house.
- Paint flower pots
Little Chefs in the Kitchen
- Look through your cookbooks with your kiddos and enroll them in helping to make some meals you could freeze for those busy week nights.
- Follow the format of those reality cooking shows and do your own Cupcake Wars, Cake Boss, or Iron Chef night.