This past week we got a lot of now here in the Portland area, and we are a city that is definitely not used to a lot of snow! As a result we had a few days off from school and my girls and I had some extra time to have some fun making Valentine’s Day paper crafts together. We decided to see if we could make some pretty decorations that could help decorate the house a bit for Valentine’s Day. We came up with two different, yet surprisingly easy, craft ideas — A Valentine’s Day winter branch bouquet and a paper heart wreath. Here is how we put them together…
Valentine’s Heart Bouquet
- An assortment of bare branches
- A jar or vase
- Dirt, sand, small stones or other material to anchor your branches
- Colored paper (or other small decorations to hang on branches)
- Ribbon (optional)
- Assemble your branches in your jar.
- Cut out some paper hearts and other decorations and glue them to your branches. (You might also add some glitter, stickers, or any other decorative elements that you like. Whatever strikes your fancy!)
- Finish by adding a bow to the neck of your jar.
Paper Heart Wreath
- Colored paper
- Glue and glue dots
- Cut 2″ x 11″ strips of colored paper (between 8-12 strips makes a good size wreath.)
- Fold each strip in half, making a sharp crease.
- Fold the ends together and glue into the shape of a heart. (You’ll need to hold each one for a minute to make sure it stays in place.)
- Use glue dots to stick your hearts together and form a circular wreath.
- As you are forming your wreath, add your ribbon (still using the glue dots) between the top 3 or 4 hearts to form a hanger.
This project took only about a half hour from start to finish. Super easy! For more Valentine’s Day ideas, take a look at our Valentine Party page.